For his Eagle Scout project, Nathan Balaguy has installed two Lincoln Highway concrete marker replicas along the highway in California. There will be a dedication of the markers on Saturday, February 15 at 11:30 am.
10:00 am: Meet up (Google Maps)
- Meet at 10:00 am at the park-and-ride lot at Placer Hills Road and Applegate Road. Take I-80 to Exit 125, Meadow Vista/Clipper Gap.
10:15 am: Caravan to first marker (Google Maps directions)
- Leave park-and-ride lot at 10:15 am. Head east on I-80.
- Take Exit 143, Gold Run. Turn left at the end of the ramp.
- Turn right on Gold Run Road.
- Turn left on Lincoln Road. Go across railroad tracks.
- Turn right on Lincoln Roadâ€“Gold Run School Road. Drive for about a mile.
- Marker will be on the left hand side.
11:30 am: First marker dedication
- Marker #2011 dedication ceremony starts at 11:30 am.
- Includes presentation of Troop# 6 colors, speeches, and photos.
12:15 pm: Caravan to Donner Lake Vista Point (Google Maps directions)
- Go east on Gold Run School Road.
- Turn right on Ridge Road.
- Turn left onto I-80 East.
- Take Exit 174, Soda Springs/Norden.
- Turn right at the end of the ramp onto Donner Pass Road.
- Meet at the parking lot just pass the Donner Summit Rainbow Bridge.
Caravan to second marker (Google Maps directions)
- Proceed down to the marker location, at the third turn east of the parking lot.
- There is a turnout on the right side. Parking is limited, so please pull as far forward as you can.
1:30 pm: Second marker dedication
- The marker is below theÂ turnout,Â about 50 feet up the old 1913 LH alignment under a pair of pine trees.
- Dedication ceremony will start at 1:30pm, including presentation of Troop #6 colors, speeches, and photos.
Lunch and return trip
- After the ceremony, we can have lunch in downtown Truckee.
- Stop at Donner Summit Historical Society on return trip.