The 2015 annual Lincoln Highway Buy-Way, a multi-state yard sale along the Lincoln Highway, will take place from August 13 to 15. For more information about specific states, visit:
Lincoln Highway Days in Iowa this weekend
The city of Nevada, Iowa is holding its 30th annual Lincoln Highway Days festival from this Friday, August 23 to Sunday, August 25.
- Lincoln Highway Days schedule (PDF)
- Lincoln Highway Days on Facebook
- Various registration forms for the festival
2013 Lincoln Highway Buy-Way: August 8â€“10
The eighth annual Lincoln Highway Buy-Way, a yard sale that stretches across hundreds of miles, will be held from Thursday, August 8 to Saturday, August 10, 2013. Five states are participating: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia. Here is more information on how to participate in the Buy-Way:
Cedar Rapids, IA restaurant celebrates 100 years
The Lighthouse Inn Supper Club has been serving meals since 1912, and the Lincoln Highway has played a big part in its success and longevity.
- How one Cedar Rapids restaurant survived a full century, The Gazette (Cedar Rapids, Iowa), September 29, 2012
Press coverage of the Lincoln Highway Buy-Way
Here are some news articles that covered the Lincoln Highway Buy-Way earlier this month.
- Sales move to Lincoln Highway, Lindsay McCoy, The Times Bulletin (Van Wert, Ohio), August 9, 2012
- Lincoln Buy-Way sale continues today, Anthony Conchel, Bucyrus (Ohio) Telegraph Forum, August 10, 2012
- Shoppers flock to Fulton for garage sales, Natalie Conrad, Clinton (Iowa) Herald, August 11, 2012
- Ride down the Lincoln Highway Buy-way, Kirby Kaufman, The Daily Nonpareil (Council Bluffs, Iowa), August 11, 2012
Items from Preston’s gas station go up for auction
Fulfilling the wishes of Ron Preston, most of the memorabilia from the George Preston Filling Station in Belle Plaine, Iowa has been auctioned off.
- Auctioning off pieces of Preston’s Corner, Colleen O’Shaughnessy, KWWL-TV (Waterloo, Iowa), August 11, 2012
1925 Iowa marker acknowledges pavers of Lincoln Highway
A unique marker from 1925 acknowledges the people responsible for paving a stretch of the Lincoln Highway south of Le Grand, Iowa.
- Marker from 1925 highlights paving of Lincoln Highway, Andrew Potter, Times-Republican (Marshalltown, Iowa), July 23, 2012
Lincoln Highway Day in Grand Junction, IA is this Saturday
Grand Junction, Iowa is holding its annual Lincoln Highway Day (formerly known as Fun Day) this Saturday, July 28. The festival includes food, games, music, and a silent auction.
- Saturday is Lincoln Highway Day in GJ, Eye on Grand Junction, July 23, 2012
Iowa DOT presents US 30 widening plans in Benton County
The Iowa Department of Transportation has presented its preferred design for widening US 30 through Benton County. Interchanges will be added at US 218 and Iowa Route 21. In between these new interchanges, two eastbound lanes will be added to the south of the existing road, which will carry westbound traffic. Part of this segment of US 30 carried the Lincoln Highway.
- Iowa DOT to present preferred Highway 30 four-lane design next week, The Gazette (Cedar Rapids, Iowa), July 5, 2012
2012 Lincoln Highway Buy-Way: August 9-11
The eighth annual Lincoln Highway Buy-Way takes place from Thursday, August 9 to Saturday, August 11. The yard sales will take place along the Lincoln Highway in Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois and Iowa.
- Buy-Way Yard Sale in Ohio home page and announcement by the Ohio Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor
- Buy-Way yard sale planned, Bucyrus (Ohio) Telegraph Forum, July 5, 2012
- Ashton city wide garage sales to be held in conjunction with Lincoln Highway Buy-Way Yard Sale, The Ashton (Ill.) Gazette, July 12, 2012