The 2015 annual Lincoln Highway Buy-Way, a multi-state yard sale along the Lincoln Highway, will take place from August 13 to 15. For more information about specific states, visit:
The eighth annual Lincoln Highway Buy-Way, a yard sale that stretches across hundreds of miles, will be held from Thursday, August 8 to Saturday, August 10, 2013. Five states are participating: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia. Here is more information on how to participate in the Buy-Way:
The eighth annual Lincoln Highway Buy-Way takes place from Thursday, August 9 to Saturday, August 11. The yard sales will take place along the Lincoln Highway in Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois and Iowa.
- Buy-Way Yard Sale in Ohio home page and announcement by the Ohio Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor
- Buy-Way yard sale planned, Bucyrus (Ohio) Telegraph Forum, July 5, 2012
- Ashton city wide garage sales to be held in conjunction with Lincoln Highway Buy-Way Yard Sale, The Ashton (Ill.) Gazette, July 12, 2012
The sixth annual Lincoln Highway Buy-Way, a yard sale that stretches across hundreds of miles, will be held from Thursday, August 4 to Saturday, August 6. This year, five states are participating: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia. Here is more information on how to participate in the Buy-Way:
Related news stories:
- Take part in annual Buy-Way Yard Sale, Mansfield (Ohio) News Journal, June 19, 2011
- Plan to be part of the big garage sale Aug. 4-6, The Ogden (Iowa) Reporter, June 22, 2011
- Highway ‘Buy Way’ planned, Rochelle (Ill.) News-Leader, June 27, 2011
- Fulton’s Lincoln Buy-Way Sales Event to be held August 5 & 6, The Dispatch / The Rock Island Argus (Moline, Ill.), June 28, 2011
- Hillsdale CARES to hold rummage sale (Second brief within article), The Daily Record (Wooster, Ohio), July 7, 2011
For the first time, West Virginia will participate in the Lincoln Highway Buy-Way, a yard sale that spans multiple states and hundreds of miles.
- Chester-Newell joins the â€˜Buy-Wayâ€™, The (East Liverpool, OH) Review, July 23, 2008
The Bucyrus Telegraph Forum has an article about the Buy-Way at:
For Indiana: non-profits and families organizing yard sales, festivals, concerts, and car shows during the August Historic Lincoln Highway Yard Sale Days to be held across Indiana will be able to list their sales and events free of charge on the Indiana Lincoln Highway Association’s website.
“We had great success with the event last year across Indiana,” says Ken Locke of Warsaw and the newly elected Indiana Lincoln Highway Director. “The event brought hundreds of people to downtown Warsaw and increased sales for local merchants, restaurant owners, gas stations and hotels. Some yard sales reported hundreds of customers here and in Ohio along the corridor.”
This year shoppers will again be able to go to a website and print out a listing of participating sites to take with them as they go sailing to find those bargains of a lifetime!
The Indiana Chapter will host information tables and will offer Lincoln Highway related merchandise at the following events:
- August 10, 2007
- August 11, 2007
- Indiana Lincoln Highway Association members will host a booth at the Old Bag Factory in Plymouth on Saturday, August 11th. Members will sell Lincoln Highway merchandise, share information about the Lincoln Highway, and will be available for media interviews. Contact Bill Arick for more information at 260-471-5670. The Indiana LHA booth is being underwritten by the Old Bag Factory of Goshen, Indiana – a unique shopping experience promoting the arts. Driving Directions and a map can be found at: http://www.superpages.com/cities/mtg/38701.
Also see the Fort Wayne Observed Blog at:
For Illinois: check the LincolnHighwayIL blog at:
about.com: Senior Travel has a great website: Lincoln Highway â€” The Ultimate American Road Trip: