John & Lenore Weiss have a new books out about a triangle road trip in Illinois covering Route 66, the Lincoln Highway and the Dixie Highway. More information is at their website:
Read a review at Route66News.com.
Michaels Wallis and Williamson’s new book on the Lincoln Highway, and their cross country book tour generated a lot of publicity this summer.
- IL LHA Director Kay Shelton has a web site about the book
- a review at the Route 66 News blog
- Checkout the tour blog with many photos
- From the Wall Street Journal
- From KCBS all news radio in San Francisco
- From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- From LATimes.com
- From the New York Post’s Required Reading column
- From the Fort Wayne Observed blog with a video
- From the Deseret Morning News
- from the New York Times – The Virtues of Avoiding Interstates by Phil Patton
- From the HuntingtonNews.net
- Wallis also was featured on the Comedy Channel’s Colbert Report. You can watch the video here.
[May require a highspeed web connection]