September 21â€“22, 2012
Sponsored by the Indiana Lincoln Highway Association
Experience the place where it all began, inspired by Hoosier visionary Carl G. Fisher.
Friday, September 21
- Carl Fisher and James Allison Estates at Marian University
- Auto industrialist gravesites at Crownhill Cemetery
- Stutz Building
- Optional IMAX film on historic roads in Indiana in the evening at the Indiana State Museum
- book signing by Indiana auto historians/historic roads authors
Saturday, September 22
- Indiana Auto Pioneer Tour interpreted by auto historian Dennis Horvath
- A historic recreation of the luncheon where Carl G. Fisher announced his vision for Americaâ€™s first transcontinental road
- Jeff Kuehl as Carl G. Fisher, the Father of the Lincoln Highway
- A unique behind-the-scenes tour of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, built by Carl G. Fisher and three business partners
Share the road! Explore! Have fun with those who are like-minded and enjoy traveling Americaâ€™s two-lane roads. Discover Indianaâ€™s auto-making and road-building heritage.
Donâ€™t miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Register today! Early bird discounts may apply.
Need more information?
- Download the event registration form or flyer
- Visit the Indiana Lincoln Highway Association’s web site
- Call the Indiana LHA at (574) 210-6278
One thought on “Kickoff celebration for the Lincoln Highway Centennial in Indianapolis”