The 2015 annual Lincoln Highway Buy-Way, a multi-state yard sale along the Lincoln Highway, will take place from August 13 to 15. For more information about specific states, visit:
The eighth annual Lincoln Highway Buy-Way, a yard sale that stretches across hundreds of miles, will be held from Thursday, August 8 to Saturday, August 10, 2013. Five states are participating: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia. Here is more information on how to participate in the Buy-Way:
The Repository of Canton, Ohio has a photo gallery of the reconstruction of the Lincoln Highway/State Route 172 bridge over railroad tracks in Canton Township, Ohio. The bridge is scheduled to reopen in December 2012.
- Photo Gallery: Lincoln Highway gets a big bridge over RR, Stan Myers (photographer), The Repository (Canton, Ohio), September 21, 2012
Here are some news articles that covered the Lincoln Highway Buy-Way earlier this month.
- Sales move to Lincoln Highway, Lindsay McCoy, The Times Bulletin (Van Wert, Ohio), August 9, 2012
- Lincoln Buy-Way sale continues today, Anthony Conchel, Bucyrus (Ohio) Telegraph Forum, August 10, 2012
- Shoppers flock to Fulton for garage sales, Natalie Conrad, Clinton (Iowa) Herald, August 11, 2012
- Ride down the Lincoln Highway Buy-way, Kirby Kaufman, The Daily Nonpareil (Council Bluffs, Iowa), August 11, 2012
- The Monday After: Lincoln Highway’s mark still visible, Gary Brown, The Repository (Canton, Ohio), June 18, 2012
- Visitors check out sites along U.S. Route 30 and canal routes, The Press News (Minvera, Ohio), June 27, 2012. Includes a photo gallery of the conference and its tours.
- Lincoln Highway enthusiasts remember more than a highway across the country, The Press News (Minvera, Ohio), June 27, 2012
The eighth annual Lincoln Highway Buy-Way takes place from Thursday, August 9 to Saturday, August 11. The yard sales will take place along the Lincoln Highway in Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois and Iowa.
- Buy-Way Yard Sale in Ohio home page and announcement by the Ohio Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor
- Buy-Way yard sale planned, Bucyrus (Ohio) Telegraph Forum, July 5, 2012
- Ashton city wide garage sales to be held in conjunction with Lincoln Highway Buy-Way Yard Sale, The Ashton (Ill.) Gazette, July 12, 2012
Gary Brown of The Repository writes about two red brick stretches of Lincoln Highway in Ohio.
- Postcard from Paris Twp.: History on red brick road, Gary Brown, The Repository (Canton, Ohio), March 31, 2012
The co-directors of the downtown development office of Mansfield, Ohio talk about the revitalization of its downtown over the past 20 years.
- A tale of (the downtowns of) two cities, Larry Riley, The Star Press (Muncie, Ind.), February 11, 2012
Jamie, a blogger from Ohio, has been posting her travels along “the greatest road across the U.S.A.” in her blog, My Lincoln Highway. Currently, her trips have been concentrated in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Just a reminder that you can follow the 2012 Lincoln Highway National Conference on Facebook for up-to-date information.