The Lincoln Highway enters Utah from the east on what is now private land. To visit the Visitor Information Center, stay on I-80 and exit at Exit 170.
To drive a stretch of the old road through Echo Canyon:
- Take Exit 180-Emory from I-80.
- About 11 miles later, turn left at Echo Dam Rd and cross under I-80 (at Exit 169-Echo).
- Return to I-80 at Wanship (Exit 156).
To follow the old route through Salt Lake City:
- Exit I-80 at Foothill Blvd (Exit 129/Exit 129B) and immediately take Parleys Way, which becomes 2100 South.
- Turn left (south) on State Street.
- Turn right (west) on 3300 South, which becomes 3500 South.
The original route enters Kennecott Corp. property at Magna.
- From 3500 South, turn right (north) onto 8400 West.
- Turn left (west) onto 2700 South.
- Turn right (north) onto 9180 West.
- Turn left (west) onto UT 201.
- Follow UT 201 to I-80 westbound.
- 3 miles later, take Exit 99-UT 36 and follow UT 36 south to Tooele.
- South of Tooele, make a right on UT 199, and go over Johnson's Pass.
Orr's Ranch is just southeast of the intersection of UT 199 (Lincoln Highway) and Skull Valley Road.
- To return to I-80, take Skull Valley Road north.
All of these roads were once part of the Lincoln Highway.
For More Information
Photo by Jesse Petersen