The Lincoln Highway in
Ohio

The Lincoln Highway enters Ohio from the east on U.S. 30, coming into East Liverpool. Much of U.S. 30 has been rebuilt as a 4-lane divided highway, but most of the original Lincoln Highway route still exists and has been well marked by the Mid-Ohio Chapter and the Ohio Lincoln Highway League. For a detailed description of the route, get a copy of Mike Buettner's book (see For More Information below), or view much of it online.

Ohio has some of the best Lincoln Highway sites in the country, with several brick paved sections, beautiful brick pallars, 1928 concrete markers, and many historic buildings along the way.

Traveling west, the route runs through Hanoverton, Canton (don't miss the Classic Car Museum here!), Massilion, Wooster, and Mansfield. Several monuments, including the Hopley Monument, are found in and near Bucyrus. The route is well marked going west to Upper Sandusky, Beaverdam, and Delphos. Several wonderful historic buildings can be seen in Van Wert.

For More Information

 

[Photo of brick pillar]
Original brick pillar in Bucyrus
Photo by Michael Buettner


Highlights

Photos by Michael Buettner and C.N. Plummer

[Photo of Spread Eagle Tavern]
Historic Spread Eagle Tavern in Hanoverton

[Photo of Baywood Street]
Brick paving on Baywood Street, east of Canton

[Photo of 1928 Marker in Massillon]
An original 1928 Lincoln Highway Marker in Massillon

[Photo of Sylvan Drive]
Brick paving on Sylvan Drive, near Wooster

[Photo of marker in Mansfield]
A reproduction 1928 Lincoln Highway Marker in Mansfield

[Photo of Hopley Monument]
Hopley Monument, east of Bucyrus

[Photo of Brumback Library]
Brumback Library in Van Wert

[Photo of Model T]
Ten Millionth Model T on bridge, west of Van Wert