Quarterly Chapter Meeting Minutes — Saturday, April 20, 2020
Online video conference via Zoom
Regularly scheduled spring chapter meeting was canceled due to Covid-19 pandemic. Online meeting was limited to chapter officers and staff.
- Roll call
- Meeting called to order: 7:08 pm
- Joel took roll, all board members present
- Check-in on board members
- Everyone seems to be doing well.
- July 11 meeting
- How do we want to have a meeting if the governor has not lifted the shelter-in-place order?
- Responses: Video meeting or socially-distant in-person meeting.
- Since we are an executive committee, we can schedule a meeting to handle the business that needs to be handled.
- Paulette Johnston made a motion for the next board meeting to be via video conference on July 11. The motion passed.
- Paulette will set up a zoom meeting for July 11 at 1:00pm.
- Future Meetings: We will have to take it one meeting at a time. On July 11, we can reassess whether the October meeting will be in person or via video.
- 2022 Conference in Sacramento
- Start planning now even though it is a couple years away.
- This year’s conference in Joliet has been pushed out to 2021.
- Package that National sends out to cities that are hosting the conference.
- The conference will be located in Folsom/Sacramento.
- We will market the location as the Sierra Foothills part of the Lincoln Highway.
- Officer Reports
- Signage efforts have come to a halt.
- Smith Flat House sign still attached to the building.
- Gave a talk to the Marshal Grange about the Lincoln Highway.
- Posting on the Facebook and keeping up social media activities.
- Deposits: $130. $126 from national.
- Checks written: $200 for April meeting.
- Balance: available upon request.
- Would like any photos, ideas, articles to help out with the next Traveler.
- Emailed a PDF file with graphs.
- Visits to the web site are down year-over-year.
- Social media likes/followers are continuing to rise.
- Jimmy motioned to adjourn the meeting. Neil seconded the motion. The motion passed.
- Meeting was ended at 8:07 pm.
Paulette Johnston, Secretary
April 20, 2020
Edited by Joel Windmiller and James Lin