Here are a few events to enjoy along the Lincoln Highway this weekend.
The 4th Annual Iowa Lincoln Highway Motor Tour runs for three days, starting tomorrow.
- Sweet rides to make local stops, Andrew Potter, Times-Republican (Marshalltown, Iowa), August 25, 2011
One of the stops the tour is making will be at the Pioneer Days festival in Le Grand, Iowa on Saturday.
- Pioneer Days gets Le Grand hopping Saturday, Andrew Potter, Times-Republican (Marshalltown, Iowa), August 23, 2011
On Saturday, two classic Ford car clubs are taking tours of Noble County, Indiana, through which the Lincoln Highway passes.
- Classic Ford tours to stop throughout Noble County, Bob Braley, KPCNews.com (Kendallville, Indiana), August 20, 2011 (requires paid subscription for entire article)
On Saturday and Sunday, more than 300 quilts will be displayed at the Heart of the Lincoln Highway Quilt Show in Jefferson, Iowa.
- Arts & Culture, Aug. 21, Michael Morain, Des Moines Register, August 18, 2011 (scroll down to the bottom of the article)
On Sunday, the Second Annual Lincoln Highway Car Show will take place in Matteson, Illinois.
- Library Hosts 2nd Annual Car Show and Craft Fair, Colleen Vander Hye, Mokena (Ill.) TribLocal, August 21, 2011