Thanks For Joining Us @ The
Lincoln Highway National Conference
Coe College Campus:
The cool shaded campus of Coe awaits Conference attendees!
Bob Ausberger envisions retrofitting upper Gage Union for the Conference
during a pre-Conference visit in 2005.
COLLEGE CREDIT OPTION
A graduate credit course will be available throught Coe College for
an additional tuition fee.
For details, contact:
Professor, Teacher Education
Economical Dormitory Lodging is available. On campus lodging
is conveniently located near conference meals, seminars
and vendor area.
Off-campus lodging is also available. We have negotiated a great
conference rate! Click below for details.
Tues. June 13
• CONFERENCE REGISTRATION OPENS - NOON
• Vendor Set-up 1:00-4:00 PM
[See Vendor info for full schedule & additional information]
• Board of Directors Meeting - 1:00 pm
Bixler Room, ground floor of Gage
• Reception Dinner "Pig Roast" with John Deere vegetables
- approx. 6:00 pm
- Inside/outside north cafeteria door at Gage Union
• ~Vendor Area OPEN 7:00-10:00 PM
Ground floor - Gage Union
Weds. June 14 & Thurs. June 15
• East/West Tours
Depart Coe @ 8:00 am
Return No Later Than 6:00 pm
Two FULL days (and many miles) of Scenic Lincoln Highway
with stops at prime Iowa Lincoln Highway Sites.
You will be fed
You will be entertained
You will be tired at the end of each day!
Classic Movie Night with Popcorn
Lobby of Voorhees Dormitory
• Vendor Area OPEN ~7:00-10:00 PM
Fri. June 16
8:00 am Group Photo
Location: Stewart Memorial Library
on Coe Campus
Seminars will be held in Kesler & Cherry on the campus of Coe.
Kesler Lecture Hall is located in the Hickok building.
Cherry Auditorium is located in Peterson Hall.
• Drake Hokanson Nationally acclaimed author
"Changes in the Lincoln Highway since
Main Street Across America"
• Kathleen Dow History Transportation History Librarian,
Special Collections Library, University of Michigan
"The LHA Archive in the Special Collections Library at the
University of Michigan"
• Jan Shupert-Arick National LHA Vice President, Indiana State LH Director
"Mapping the Lincoln Highway with Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps"
• Richard Thomas Chair Linn County Historic Preservation Commission
"Interpreting the Lincoln Highway in Linn County: The Work of the Commission's Task Force"
• Greg Franzwa Author, Editor, Top Dog at Patrice Press and LH Icon
"Alice Ramsey's Drive"
• Jim Ranninger Past President LHA National President
"94 Years of Lincoln Highway Camping"
• Liz Gilman Communications Director, White Pole Road Development Corporation
"A Lincoln Highway Might-Have-Been: Iowa's White Pole Road"
•Jeff LaFollette Iowa State LH Director
"Route 66: The Other Road"
• Mark Hunter Cedar Rapids and Linn County Historian
"A Walking Tour of Cedar Rapids Automobile Row"
• Lyell Henry History Professor Emeritus, Mt. Mercy College
"A Lincoln Spin-Off: The Jefferson Highway"
• Jeff Benson, Past President Iowa LHA
"New Policies for an Old Road; Iowa Department of Transportation
Programs Preserve and Promote the Lincoln Highway across Iowa"
• Laura Nekola Graduate of Coe College and Illinois State LH Director
"A Walking Tour of Grant Wood Art on the Coe College Campus"
• Rollin Southwell and Russell Rein LHA National Directors at Large
Official Lincoln Highway Stamp Cancellation (Upper Level - Gage Union)
Banquet ~ 6:00 pm
- Awards Presentation
- Presentation by Colorado members
"Conference 2007: Fort Morgan, CO"
• Vendor Area OPEN ~8:00-10:30 PM
Sat. June 17
• Vendor Teardown 7:00-9:00 AM
• "Hit the Road" Brunch - 7:30 - 8:45 am
• LHA Membership Meeting - Following Brunch
This page updated:
by Sandra Huemann-Kelly